Catrice Liquid Liner

sobota, oktober 07, 2017


I've just repurchased this liner which makes it one of only two that I bought again and I've tried a lot of liners (you can see all in this post), so this is quite a big deal for me. I use eyeliner every day, but I'm very picky and always find a fault in each, so I move on to a completely different one when they dry out. I could already say that I found "the one" if it weren't by Catrice, which means it has about one in a million chance it'll actually stay in the regular line for the next couple of years (man, do they love to discontinue stuff, but I'll keep my fingers crossed for this liner). This is actually my first "dip it type" liquid eyeliner in a really long time, as I've been staying away from them in favour of pen eyeliners and the reason is because a great proportion of liquid eyeliners have either an annoying flimsy brush for an applicator or some other weird shape, but this one actually has a decent applicator.


This has a felt tip applicator that's similar to those at pen liners. I've had a few dip liquid liners from Essence and they either had a very scratchy hard stick or a regular brush, which put me off these liners, but this Catrice version's is quite lovely. It's soft enough, but not too flexible that it'll be difficult to control. It's a bit larger than I'd wish to, so I end up with a bit bulkier lines that I've worn in the past and I can't do a baby wing, but it's still fine. The applicator tends to fray as it ages, but I was able to just pull off those stray pieces and it was fine.


Formula is very black, blacker and more intense than at any pen eyeliner I've tried. You get plenty of colour with one dip for both eyes and you don't get any gaps. It's very liquid from the start and needs time to dry, so you need to be careful not to open the eyes too wide causing the liner to transfer to the crease. Once this dries it has a perfect matte finish. 

Colourpop Lumiere on the lips.

Staying power of this is very good, though a lot of liners stay well on my lids because they aren't oily. On occasion a wing will fade a bit and I had some flaking, but mostly it looks pretty good. It can easily stay for all day if I don't rub my eyes.


My first tube lasted me four months. It's still got colour, but there's not enough liquid in it anymore, meaning I can't do such sharp lines anymore. I expected it to last longer, despite the fact I've been using it every day, but I thought it'll last at for a least two months more like some pen liners can (L'Oreal's Superstar) and I was 100% sure it will outlast pen eyeliners by a mile, but I can deal with the fact it gets drier faster than expected, since it's affordable. 

The packaging is very simple, nothing fancy and the cap is long enough that it's easy to hold. 


I bought it in Müller for 3.79 €. 

TL;DR version: a great affordable liquid liner that's intensely black and has a completely matte finish. It has a felt tip applicator like most pen liners and it lasts great on the lids. Recommended.

Have a great day!

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Love, love, love these! Fingers cross they don't discontinue them any time soon. I would be so happy if they brought out a matte brown one as well instead of those metallic ones they added with the last update.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I agree, they should really make more colours. That navy one from the Travelling Collection was a great shade and it'd be great if they made it permanent, plus include a brown, purple and gold :)

      Izbriši
  2. Ta je bil tudi meni všeč. :) Predvsem zaradi čisto mat efekta. Ne vem če bi se navadila nazaj na te eyelinerje, ker so mi preveč tekoči za nanašanje. Clio Pen je bolj precizen in ker imam rada tanke črte, mi je to trenutno ljubše :).

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Oh še vedno ne morem prebolet kako me je Clio razočaral in se ves čas sprašujem, če sem imela tako nesrečo, da je bil moj kaj čuden. Ampak glede na to koliko eyelinerjev na meni čudno deluje, sem ugotovila, da so moja rešitev ravno ti tekoči linerji :) Se pa strinjam s tabo, da je Clio in večina pen eyelinerjev bolj natančnih, kar je tudi meni všeč :)

      Izbriši
  3. Catrice usually as some good products and this seems to be one of them. If I liked liquid eyeliner I would totally buy it! xx

    Carolina's Makeup Life

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Catrice is a great affordable brand and I think this is currently my favourite product from them :)

      Izbriši
  4. Hi! I haven't try this product yet but it looks great. And it's cheap.
    I invite you to visit my blog whenever you want. Have a nice day!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. I absolutely love this liner and you are right: this is so great. Catrice is a good brand and for sure I would recommend it to everybody. Thank you for sharing all this information with us!

    OdgovoriIzbriši

TRANSLATE